Known bugs in the Cyrus IMAP Server
We're working on moving to a Bugzilla database. It's still
being built up, but you can search/add to it here. Eventually, all the
bugs below will be in there.
imapd and core utilities
- Multiple APPENDs don't always correctly return the EXISTS
response. (can't reproduce?)
- Particularly large quotas can wrap around.
- The RENAME command is not atomic.
- reconstruct doesn't deal with the mailboxes.db file.
- we should deal with having to reset UIDs
- the algorithm used for naming stage files is fragile and not
- during appendstage(), the message is parsed once per delivery,
not once at the beginning.
- master should pay attention to processes that have told
it they are listening, and make sure they don't die abnormally.
likewise, it should be on the lookout for continually forking
- master should probably have a babysitting service
("always keep this process running").
proxyd and Cyrus Murder
- RENAME across servers isn't implemented.
- Tagged lines with literals can cause problems for proxyd.
lmtpd, deliver, and sieve
- 8-bit set characters are coerced to 'X', but not before the notify_zephyr
code (if used) has had a chance to send them out.
- Deliver does not handle messages containing NUL properly due to
stdio problems (the characters between the NUL and the LF will be
- Deliver doesn't gracefully handle CR CR sequences in messages.
Well, ok, it hangs.
authentication and authorization
- Using AFS groups with ptclient, users with negative rights as part of
groups may be granted access to mailboxes if ptclient has died. We plan
to have this fixed eventually.
- In some failures of the krbck program, the error messages printed out
bear no resemblance to what actually went wrong.
- cyradm may need to change authname/username stuff.
Something to check.
- imtest: it would be nice for the authorization name to
default to the authentication name, except when specifically
- any utilities doing db operations should catch signals and poll
for them to see if it should exit (like mbpath, ipurge).
- imtest uses getpass() to grab passwords from
users. On some systems (Solaris reported), this will only return the
first 8 characters, causing authentication failures.
Things we want to do
- Implement the IMAP VIEW extension.
- Implement the IMAP ANNOTATE extension.
- Implement some sort of backup/restore system that's more
efficient and easier to use than Amanda on the filesystem.
- Add mailbox version numbers.
- Add mailbox tombstones (gives NEWNAME support).
- Design and implement ALIST, the advanced list command.
- Investigate changing from the prot layer to using sfio.
- Write a test module for lmtpengine.
- Allow renaming users. (RENAME user.joe user.harry.) Needs to
move all metadata per-user data. (seen, subscriptions, sieve state?)
Please refer to Sending Feedback if you
would like to submit a bug, feature request or (best of all) patch.
Last update: $Date: 2006/11/30 17:11:16 $
Return to the Cyrus IMAP Server Home Page